Tuesday, October 4, 2022

RTP week 1 class

4 comments:

  1. so we have shadow starting her retrieve on articles and I decided to do the leather first. As I feel this is the harder of the 2 articles leather and metal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. we also have a video of drop on recall and shadow isn't very good on this since she hasn't done this exercise since she was about 8 months old. and I need help fixing it. this is a requirement for her show in November for grad novice

    ReplyDelete
  3. changed setting so it should work now

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your distance is to far to start. Do DoR on 6' leash, then when solid, do DoR on LL at 8', then 10', then 12 '. So isn't doing Lion Down at all. And she is feeding off your forward step, not going Down on verbal. Go back to the sequencing of DoR outlined in the RC.

    Shorten the distance, go slow and build confidence and understanding.

    Yard by yard, it's too hard.
    But
    Inch by inch, it's a cinch.

    ReplyDelete