Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Trudging Forward with Kiba

I have to say that I never thought my "honey bear" Kiba would have this obstinate side! I am praying that she will figure out that getting her teeth brushed with a wooden dowel is Not fun. So far this week I have gotten her to open without brushing exactly once. She is so very different from Kratos and I am having to practice my patience. 

I hope that all is going well for everyone else in the class. Please take this as a friendly reminder that even an "experienced" student will have difficulties and face challenges when working dogs. Chins up classmates! We will get through this. I am looking forward to hearing and seeing updates as the weeks go along. 


2 comments:

  1. We love pictures and videos! Keep us updated and in the loop 😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. And every dog is different. Even dogs of the same litter are different. A good KMODT handler learns to 'work the dog in front of them' by always being prepared for the 'what if?' happens. And I have learned through many Retrieve Classes to make zero assumptions and just go with what shows up. Every student, every dog, every RC always has unexpected things happen so I come with a 'what will show up here, now?' attitude and handle THAT dog in THAT moment.

    Rebekah, all part of your learning process.

    ReplyDelete